Full-Time Youth Minister / Director
Woodland Hills Church of Christ (Pleasant Hill, Iowa)
Average attendance: 110 Youth attendance: 20
General job description:
- Oversee the spiritual and general activity of the students grades 6-12 at WHCC.
- Be the main communicator and provide spiritual guidance for the students.
- Teach students to love and worship God and help them grow in him.
- Lead Wednesday night youth services during the student school year.
- Disciple and fellowship with students during summer break.
- Provide (not necessarily create) discipleship material for teaching and developing a relationship with God.
- Provide a creative and exciting atmosphere involving the preaching of the Word that is fun and engaging.
- Partner with parents to make sure that there is strong communication for reinforcement of what is being preached. A parental newsletter is not required but at least open communication and availability to the parents.
- Connect and align with the vision of the church and Pastor, creating continuity and consistency.
- Agree and abide with the beliefs of Woodland Hills.
- Be accountable to and encouraged by the Senior Minister and Elders.
- Attend monthly Elder's Meetings
- Ability to lead Sunday worship occasionally is not expected but preferred
- Must have a minimum of 3 years experience in youth ministry.
- Must have a desire to disciple teens in the Christian faith.
- Is moderately equipped with written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have creative ability sufficient to reach today’s teenage student population.
- Must possess some organizational and administrative skills.
- Must recruit and build teams, including the development of adult and potential youth volunteers.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Must have a strong work ethic and be self-motivated.
- Must be able to mix well with people of all ages.
- 4-year degree preferred or at least working towards such a degree.
- Passes state and federal fingerprint clearance and background checks.
- Must be a mature and growing Christian leader with good moral character and integrity, as set forth in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 and Titus 1:5-9.
Email a copy of your resume to email@example.com
Jason Zanski, Senior Minister Woodland Hills Church of Christ
2484 SE 68th St, Pleasant Hill, IA 50327 515-265-4667 whcc.life